Tuesday 7 August 2007

Is It Worth It

I have always wondered whether blogs can ever change anything. OK, so you have a few of those in power reading your blog. Or at least they have their goons reading them. You have rant and rave about the wrong-doings, the unethical things that the very persons who are reading your blog has done. Even if everything you have written about is the gospel truth, do you really think they are going to drop whatever it is that they are doing and change their ways? Fat hope.

I don't know about other countries but I'm in Malaysia. And in Malaysia they don't do stuff like other nations do. Heck, we even have our own brand of Islam. Islam Hadhari. If my memory serves me right, the prophet Muhammad s.a.w. on his last sermon have said that "today I have perfected your religion for you".

Why then am I wasting time penning down my thoughts in this blog. Actually I'd prefer to email all my former colleagues in the Royal Malaysia Police College Kuala Lumpur my thoughts on the Malaysia that we're living in today. Unfortunately for the last 2 months I have been unable to access the college website to post my emails. The conspiracy theorist that I am, I believed that someone or something is denying me access to the college's website. Therefore this blog. I know that nothing will come out of this blog. Those who bother to read it will think about it for a moment and then things will be back as normal. Hey! why disturb the status quo.

This blog is a record. Are those views I have articulated a reflection of society as it existed now or is it just the rantings of a disgruntled citizen.
Bear with me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

..BRANDING.. I GUESS EVERY TIME A NEW PERSON COMES INTO POWER HE WILL TRY TO INTRODUCE SOMETHING, JUST TO SHOW THAT HE CAN CHANGE THINGS. BUT DESPITE THE FACT THAT PROPHET HAD SAID (BEFORE HIS DEATH) "TODAY I HAVE PERFECTED YOUR RELIGION FOR YOU" AND STILL THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO WANTS TO "PERFECT" IT FURTHER ... ONLY GOD ALMIGHTY KNOWS !!!